This summer you can live an exceptional experience by participating in a unique international EU decision-making process simulation.
Become an EU leader for a week!
Challenge yourself between 6th-10th of July 2016
Who can apply?
If you are passionate about EU politics and you are a dynamic youngster willing to meet like-minded young Europeans you cannot miss this unique opportunity!
- We are looking for Bachelor or MA students or graduates in Political Sciences, European Affairs, Economics, Law or related fields;
- Aged between 18 and 30 years old
- English language skills are mandatory.
What is it about!
Between 6th and 10th of July, Qvorum Institute will host in Bucharest the first international European decision-making process simulation. The event will bring together 60 participants from Romania, Belgium, Germany, Greece and Cyprus, courtesy to our project partners: VoteWatch Europe, We are Europe, Aegee Athina and Citizens in Power.
EU-SIM is designed as a simulation of the functioning of two of the most important European institutions: the European Parliament and the European Council.
The participants will role-play either the MEPs, the representatives of the 28 EU Member States or of a non-institutional actor.
The Parliament will be a rendition to scale of the actual European Parliament, consisting of a total of 25 members. All the European Parliamentary Groups will be represented in the simulation. There will be a total of 25 MEPs (including the President of the Parliament). The participants will be distributed in 4 different committees of the Parliament. There will also be represented: 2 lobbyists, 1 trade union, 1 businesses representative and the European Commission.
Participants will have the opportunity to choose the political group to be assigned, the country to represent in the Council of the EU or the non-institutional actor. In this respect, they will make a list of preferences and depending on the number of seats allocated, they will be distributed in order of their options.
For the European Parliament representation participants can choose one of the following political groups:
- Group of the European People’s Party
- Group of the Progressive Alliance of Socialists and Democrats in the European Parliament
- European Conservatives and Reformists Group
- Group of the Alliance of Liberals and Democrats for Europe
- ConfederalHYPERLINK „http://www.guengl.eu/” Group of the European United Left – Nordic Green Left
- Group of the Greens/European Free Alliance
- Europe of Freedom and Direct Democracy Group
- Europe of Nations and Freedom
Topics to be discussed within the legislative motions: Cyber Security and Trans-Atlantic Trade Partnership (TTIP)
The project seeks to set in motion a broader process of youth inclusion and involvement in decision-making process at both national and European level
How to apply?
If you wish to be among the lucky 12 participants from Romania, submit a Europass CV and a letter of motivation (both in English) where to state:
– your choice for the distribution in simulation (EP – which political party/The Council/ lobbyist/trade union representative/businesses` representative/ European Commission representative).
The application needs to be sent by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 1st of June. Please mention in the e-mail subject: EU-SIM application!
Only 12 representatives from each partner country (Greece, Cyprus, Belgium, Germany and Romania) will be selected to the project.
*The organizers will cover the international travel expenses of participants (limited to 170 euros), their accommodation and daily meals.
The event will be hosted by the National School of Political Sciences and Public Administration (SNSPA), the official local partner and supporter of the EU-SIM project.
This project is funded by the European Union, under Erasmus+ Program.